Members are volunteers who attend meetings and share ideas and viewpoints which support the Surgery to enable the patient's voices and views to be represented. Membership is open to patients who have an interest in supporting best practice. Members work collaboratively with the Surgery staff, GP's and the members of the community who are registered with the Surgery.
The group is established to promote health and to help support and improve the planning, provision and delivery of local NHS services. IT aims to support the highest quality of care for all patients by representing the views of the patient. This is achieved by working in partnership with the Surgery and their staff.
The group is a positive and supportive forum to represent views of the members of the group and also represent the wider patient population.
Aims - What does the PPG hope to do
- The PPG acts as a bridge between the Surgery and patients.
- The group meets on a regular basis to discuss how services can be improved.
- Surveys may be carried out to capture views and patient feedback.
- Communicating with patients via newsletters and on the website to help keep patients informed.
- Inviting guest speakers to present on health and social care issues to help raise awareness.
- Promoting the work of the PPG via campaigns and events.
- Fundraising activities can also be discussed and organised.
What the group does not do
The group is not a forum to voice formal complaints, grievances or to discuss individual treatments. Complaints need to be handled via the Practice Complaints Procedure.
Membership of the group
The group is in its infancy at Fountains Medical Practice and welcomes enthusiastic members who would like to contribute to supporting the needs of patients whilst working collaboratively and positively with the Surgery.
Should you be interested in signing up to the PPG, please liaise with Reception.